Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Calendar Woes.

I flipped through Google Calendar today. It was an interesting flipping. Until now, I haven't really ever documented my daily activities with any kind of actual normalcy, but since June-ish I have been.

It has been quite an eventful summer. Between camping, traveling all over the country and falling head over heels in love, I've been rather busy. It's interesting now that things are calming down, how strange it is for me to look forward to all these blank squares. In June, August was already booked. Now I haven't anything to do at all except a concert on the first of October and whatever Birthday celebration I plan for myself.

Oh, and, lest I forget, a ridiculous amount of work.

I wonder if it's because we're conditioned from an early age that play happens in the summer and work is in the fall and winter? I bet that's true because even those that I know who are finished with school continue to have this mentality.

Even though Fall is my favorite season, I get uncomfortable at it's onset. It seems like only yesterday that I looked up a the leaves on the trees and said "when the hell did they pop up overnight?" and now they're getting ready to start turning colors and falling down.

I think I'm also unnerved because I look back at this spectacular summer and wonder if it will be the last of the relatively carefree ones that I will ever have.

If that does end up being the case, I can rest easily in the knowledge that I have gone out of youth with a bang.

Here's to banging.

Now back to (more) writing.

No comments: