Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Wow, been a bit of a while

This past weekend (St. Paddy's Day Weekend) was incredible. We (Me, Jake, Barry, Sarah and John Turner) all parked our asses at Steve's on Friday night. We drank and watched movies and generally screwed around all night.

At eight the next day, we were up at the ass crack of dawn (8 AM) making whisky eggs in the age old tradition that we started last year in Boston. This year, there was the addition of green food coloring. (Do Not Recommend!) We also partook in Carolans and Lucky charms. And drank a quarter of a case of Guinness.

Then Jake, Sarah and I went to the Western Pennsylvania Orchid Ass. show to look at all the pretties and maybe buy some. We did, and we did. It was awesome. Jake got two Dendrobium Kingianums which were both hybridized from the same parent and I got a beautiful Paphiopedilum, which is just gorgeous. All three of us got a good earfull of info involving growing orchids in PA, the element ratios in fertilizer and all sorts of awesome things no one else cares about, but that I'll probably blog about later anyway.

After the Orchid show we made a pit stop at Steves to drop the orchids and Sarah off, have a quick Guinness and then run up to Pine Richland to see Seusical with Carlos.

Two notes on Seussical:
1. It should never have been written
2. The cast of the Pine Richland High School did the most amazing things with it possible. Kudos to the freakishly talented kids.

After that we came back to Steves and settled down for a good night of Super Smash Bro's, DRINKING, Boondock Saints, DRINKING, passing out, and more drinking. Well, I did the passing out. Everyone else did the entertaining laugh a lot giggle fest. I feel as though I missed out. Anyone up for another performance?

Sunday was a day of rest. We laid about and watched Super Bad which is thoroughly enjoyable no matter how many times you see it and recuperated from our collective bender.

Conclusions:

1. I have not outgrown partying, nor will I ever, I think.
2. I do not like Green Eggs and Ham, I do not like them Sam I am!
3. DAMN YOU SEUSS! Get out of my head.
4. Jake is impossibly cute when he doesn't want to get up and hides under blankets.
5. St. Paddy's day is still happy.

No comments: