Tuesday, March 11, 2008

IT LIVES!

My Phal is alive and doing fine. I was poking around in it (as usual) and noticed a nice bit of new root growth. Also the leaves have perked up a lot and regained some of their original luster. So I lost the bloom spike. So what?

I also have a new member of my orchid family. It's a beautiful spotted phal that my mom brought home to me from Lowes where it was languishing in the sales area with a partially crumpled bloom and no Terra cotta pot (only the plastic insert.) I gave it some orchid grow-enhanced water and cleaned off the leaves a bit. It is also looking pretty good.

I've got them all sitting in a row on top of my radiator in front of my south-facing windows in my room. I never realized just how much i like plants in my window. I really do. I believe I need to get some more. Maybe a nice bonsai or a few mini bamboo....hmmmmmmmm.

No comments: