Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Getting jobs is cool!

We got the email today. Trident Web Design has its first official job: creating a website for Rabkin Dermatopathology. I'm uber excited. The web design thing is awesome. Both Jake and I are really terribly glad to have someone who is not a family member to do a website for. And of course getting paid is always a bonus.

The only repercussion for getting a freelance job is that you have to actually get it done, and deadlines don't wait for creative blocks to fall away. Working under the gun in this capacity is a whole new thing for me, though Jake's done it before with no trouble. Hopefully I can ease into it as easily.

In other news, calligraphy is also cool. I would like to get back into learning about it. In my scads of free time that is. Well, my ass is growing into my chair as I speak. I've been sitting in front of a computer entirely too much lately, but I have to admit I love it. I might have to invest in an ergonomically sound keyboard though. Alpha Grip, HERE I COME!

No comments: